Thursday, January 31, 2013

Joy of January Day 16: The Joy of Thy Salvation

As my journey has come to a close, though I did not post as much as I would have liked, I have come to a conclusion about joy. There is really only one true steadfast joy, and that can only be found in the Lord. King David said "Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation." This is where true joy comes from: salvation. When we meditate and reflect on the joy found in the salvation of our souls through Christ Jesus. How can this not give us joy in all circumstances? 
Still, this joy may no come naturally. Often, it is a fight to keep. 
Today's chapel service was powerful and afterwards I felt a tremendous need to be prayed for. I am going to India this summer, and this message reawakened a holy passion for why I need to go. There are women and children over there suffering under the bondage of slavery. Not only a slavery of the body, but one of the mind and the spirit. A reawakening took place, reminding me that this is where I am meant to shine. I have no adequacy of my own, but only a desperation for the Lord to make his face known. 
The Lord has been speaking a lot to me lately about remembering who I am in him. I know this is the start of that preparation and that anointing to go to India. If I cannot remember whose child I am here in America when it is easy, how can I do it in a foreign country when it is so hard? Indeed, I can't. I feel like this is a lesson I have been taught over and over again. Remember who you are. But I guess, like all lessons, we must have them taught to us over and over again so that they may become ingrained, and each time we are taught this lesson, the more mastery we take over it until we have mastered it fully. I will master this, because the Lord is my strength. 
I am going to name all the confusion about going for what it is. It's been spiritual warfare. That's the truth. It sneaks in, trying to blind us and pull us away from our purpose. 
These are the lies the enemy has been feeding me and the way he has pushed me down: 
-He says that I am socially awkward and unable to make friends
-He says that I am too weak to go into a battle so strong
-He says I am incompetent
-He distracts me into doing rather than being
-He convinces me that if I go I am rejecting my family
-He tells me that if I go I will fail. 
-He tells em that I fail God and that he is disappointed in me. 

Here is the truth. The helmet of salvation and I am claiming this promise over my life: 
-I am the light and people are drawn to me. He has made me as an integral part of the body that is so essential the body cannot function without it. 
- I am a conqueror. I am called. 
-I am equipped
-I have a single mind. Unified into bringing Glory to my heavenly Father
-The Lord sees my family and will protect and guard our relationship. He has built us as a mighty fortress and no matter where I go we will support each other and I am capable of showing love to them no matter where I am at. 
-THe Lord has called me for a purpose I will not fail
-The Lord Loves me. He has given me salvation and I have joy. 

These are the promises I have claimed for my life. These I will guard and protect. They are constantly underattack, but the Lord is raising me up. 

TWANDA!

No comments: