Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Joy of January Day 15: Follow Your Dreams

Dreams. There those things you have in your sleep. A dream is a wish your heart makes. A wish. A hope. An aspiration. Something you want to be when you grow up, if you ever grow up. In Spanish it's sueƱo. In Italian, sogno. And to a little boy dreams are the thing that will change the world. Today this little boy changed my life. Made my life, and he is my joy of the day. My mom posted a video of him on my Facebook page. Have to love moms. Ironically, I had just had listened to my first sermon by Reggie Dabbs, and it was about dreams as well. Dreams are a beautiful thing. They are the purpose the Lord has so deeply ingrained in us, that truly make us come alive.
Joseph was given a dream that he would rule over his brothers, mother, and father. It happened, maybe not the way he thought it would, but it did happen. He surrendered and trusted the Lord and the Lord put him in charge of the kingdom.
David had a dream he would be King. He was anointed. Killed the lion, the bear, and then a giant. Then he was chased around the country by a king who wanted his head on a platter. It didn't happen the way he thought it would, but it did happen.
Elizabeth dreamed of being a mother, but was barren. The Lord gave her the desires of her heart.
A lady I met this summer had a dream on her heart to be a missionary. She got married. Had babies. Did urban ministry. Now she's 70 years old and travelling to the Dominican to have the dreams fulfilled the Lord placed on her heart so long ago.
I think it's time to start praying circles around my dreams. It all starts with a declaration. Here is my dream. Are you ready?
I have a lot of people ask me what my dreams are. They know I'm a passionate person, but really what is it that I would love to do with my life?
Here's what I want to do.
I want to go to India and call to life dreams.
I want to sit among the broken-hearted, the oppressed, the abused and help unlock the potential that is inside them.
I want to work with women and children that are enslaved by the bonds of prostitution and show them they are worth of love.
I have been dreaming of this since I was 8 years old, and it is finally becoming a reality.
I've been invited to work with Project Rescue, an organization that reaches out to those impacted by sexual slavery.
I am going to have to raise $4000 by May. I don't know how this is going to be done, but I know that the Lord will provide. This is an avenue, an open door, the gateway to many future possibilities.
Here we go.
Time to Dream.

No comments: