Monday, January 21, 2013

Joy of January Day 10: Spiced Orange Tea

Yes, indeed, Dear Friends,  I am I am still sick. Sick. Sick. Sick. It seems like I'm one day rested and the next day back to needing rest. Maybe if I actually would take a full day to find recovery I would stop fading back into relapse. I guess at least it's Martin Luther King Jr. Day (shout out), so we get school off and I get the joy of watching Disney movies from the couch. Meanwhile, on the stove a sweet, sick bead concoction simmers.

As I have mentioned in previous posts, I love celestial orange tea. However, what I dare say I love even more is a strong, home brewed tea that may sit on the stove all day, and leaves the invalid to sip at their leisure. Today I developed my own orange tea brew and have been quite delighted to sip on it all day.

Spiced Orange Tea

2-4 black tea bags
1 orange
whole cloves
cinnamon
ginger
nutmeg
cardamon
honey
water

Slice orange and place in medium pot with tea bags. Cover with water and add 4 whole cloves and a dash each of all other spices. Add a second dash of cinnamon. Drizzle honey in to taste. Bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes. Enjoy 1 cup at a time. Allow to simmer the rest of the day. I like to pull out one of the orange slices and enjoy it with my tea. Consider it a spiced tea orange. 

No comments: