Monday, April 27, 2015

Klean Kanteen

Anyone that has spent anytime with me this winter probably knows my struggle with the coffee cup. I have been through, not 1. Not 2. Not 4. 5!

I've been through 5 travel mugs!

For those of you that have heard the struggle and are  sick of hearing my drama, skip down a paragraph. For those of you that have no idea what I am talking about, stay tuned.

I bought myself a Starbucks DIY photo mug in November. I put photos in it from my trip to China. Then, when Christmas time hit, I put some Christmas themed card stock in the container (trying to be festive and all. Well the cardstock got water-logged in the DIY part and while I was trying to in clog it it broke.
Round 2. After Christmas I went to Starbucks again, because Starbucks has amazing Post-Christmas Clearance and I purchase a cute ceramic tumbler. Not only that, but after I bought the tumbler, I had enough stars on my gold card to get a free drink. So I take my brand new tumbler in with me to Starbucks the next day (I always treat myself to Starbucks on weekends I work). I get my tumbler filled with a Flat White (favorite drink ever!) Then I head to work. I get to work. My hands are full so I set down my tumbler to open the door to the office. Crash! As I open the office door, my tumbler falls to the ground, not even a sip taken. Sad Saturday!
Round 3. I steal my Dad's travel mug for a week. (All my baristas thought it was so great I was using my Dad's mug)
Round 4. Stealing's wrong, so my boyfriend bought me a nice plastic, double wall thermos from Marshall's. So this one lasted about 2 weeks, then it mysteriously fell from my counter and shattered.
Round 5. I give up, go to Target and get a $3 mug from the Bargain section until I figure out a better solution. Of course the outside wall broke apart from the inside wall and it spills on me everytime I sip from it. 

I love the idea of travel mugs. They're better for the environment by cutting down on paper waste, I can take it with me. However, I have he luck where mine breaks, falls apart, or just doesn't keep my coffee warm while I'm driving from point A to point B.

I was about to despair of all hope. Then I spied my roomie's new travel mug on the counter. Siver rim on the bottom. Color black. A kid with a ring on top to carry. Kleen Kanteen on the side.

So I was nosy. And after doing some research, I learned that Kleen Kanteen is an outdoor gear brand. It's mad with stainless steal and claims to keep your hot stuff hot for up to 6hours! Wow!
I mean everything else has failed, so it's worth a go. Plus they are huge advocates for reduce, reuse, recycle. (They had a brochure for a 30 day challenge in my Kanteen, but more on that later).

So I bought one. Beautiful Mint green color and so far I've had it for 3 days. And it's the best! I dropped it a few times on accident and it hasn't busted. I put coffee in it at 6:30 a.m. And at noon it is steal steaming, meaning I don't have to chug my morning juice. Also, it rinses out so slick. Unlike plastic thermoses that absorb the taste of coffee, the stainless steal rinses out without any taste and I can put water in it that will taste like water, not coffee basket residue.

So far, Klean Kanteen=success.
Stay tuned for more on the Kleen Kanteen Challenge!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love them, the 18oz has a narrow neck and I like the interchangeable caps and the 12 oz is cilinder all the way through , great for soup and again the interchangeable cap I like to used for sipping.
Cecilia H