Saturday, April 25, 2015

Egg carton Snack Dish

Again, those following, I am going on an adventure of going green, which means reducing, reusing, and recycling whenever and wherever possible. So this week I needed some Peanut Butter. So of course, I took my BPA free plastic container to my local co-op ( The Wedge) and ground my own peanut butter! (I don't care how many times I go to the co-op that still amazes me).

I was using it in a recipe and when I ran out of my usual breakfast food this morning I though, peanut butter and apples it is. Only problem was, I had used all of my tiny storage containers, and who really wants to take a tiny bit of peanut butter in a Sandwhich sized container? Not I!

I've tried plastic wrap, wax paper, and Sandwhich bags all in the past, but all were super messy and I only got half of the peanut butter and the rest stuck to wrap. So next plan: egg carton caddy. :)

This was the best thing I have done for my peanut butter. I was worried I was going to get little shreds of carton in my peanut butter, but no such luck. I cut a cup off of the carton, spooned the peanut butter into the cup, and covered it with just a tiny bit of plastic wrap for the next morning.

Result: perfection:)

Yes, the carton did soak up a bit of the oils, but since the carton material is so absorbent, it didn't make a mess. Plus, not of the butter stuck to the side. Definitely doing this again. Plus, It goes into te compost bin, making it even more Eco friendly :) 

No comments: