Thursday, October 24, 2013

Maple-"Pumpkin" Spice Syrup and Glaze


Maple "Pumpkin" Spice Syrup
Flopped donuts with glaze
This morning I made dutch babies (puffy oven pancakes) for my house and made this tasty Syrup using the soup! It tasted like a pumpkin syrup! Then I had some left over so I added powdered sugar and made a glaze which I used when I attempted to make some donuts. The donuts were a flop, but the glaze was delicious. I'll try to doctor up the donuts and maybe we'll have a future blog post, but for now, the glaze. :) Yum!

Maple "Pumpkin" Spice Syrup
2 Tbs Boxed Sweet Potato Soup

Dash each cinnamon, all spice, nutmeg, and cloves

3/4 cup maple syrup

Mix all together, heat in microwave 30 seconds and enjoy over pancakes, dutch babies, french toast and more.

*For glaze, add 1 cup powdered sugar and mix well.

No comments: