Friday, July 26, 2013

Savory Summer Salad

Quinoa! For real, I have never had this grain before this past week, but now that I have I cannot say enough good things about this wonder food. I have a friend moving to China, and in lou of leaving she left me with bags full of groceries, one featuring a bag full on quinoa,so I have been experimenting.

At the beginning of the week i had made a quinoa salad to share with a friend coming over. So tasty, I had to make it again for a potluck BBQ I was going to last night and it was a hit! Enjoy!

Veggie-Confetti Quinoa Salad

1 Chicken Bouillon Cube
2 Cups Water
1 Cup Quinoa, uncooked
1 Cup Zucchini, cubed
1 Cup Fresh Spinach 
1 Cup Yellow Tomatos, diced
1 Cup Diced Mushrooms
1 Tbs Baslamic Vinegar 
2 Tbs Olive Oil
1/2 Clove Garlic, minced
Salt
Pepper

Bring water, bouillon, and quinoa to a heavy boil in a large sauce pot. Cover with a tight fitting lid and simmer for 50 min. Meanwhile, prepare vegetables. Combine vegetables in a large bowl and set aside. In a small bowl, combine the vinegar, oil, garlic, salt and pepper. Then drizzle over vegetables and toss together. Add quinoa and toss again. Place in fridge until cool and ready to serve. Makes 6 cups. 

No comments: