Sunday, July 21, 2013

And we're in business

JairusDaughter
So, if you've been following, India really impacted my life, in more ways than has been revealed thus far. It left me, not only saying "Wow!" but "What now?" 

I sat in Michigan processing everything that I saw and experienced. Mind Blown. How could I just walk away. How could I just lay this time aside, in the past? Well...simply, I can't. So while talking to my boyfriend's mom, and heaps of her encouragement an idea was sparked. Why not continue ministering? Though I am on the other side of the globe, my actions may still have an impact. An JairusDaughter was born. 

What is is? That's a fair question. It's an Etsy account, featuring a hodgepodge of photography, vintage items, and handmade goods with 30% of all proceeds(which will increase once we get up and running) going to empower women around the world. 

Why the name? A few years back, there was a story I read in the Bible that impacted my life exponentially. It's the story where Jesus raises a synagogue leader's daughter from the dead (Mark 5:35-43). The leader comes to Jesus to ask Jesus to heal his sick daughter. On the way he gets news that the girl is not only sick, but has died. Jesus goes to the man's house anyway. Seeing the girl, Jesus says, "She's not dead, she's merely sleeping." Everyone laughs, because it's clear that she's dead. So Jesus clears the unbelievers out of the room. When the room is near empty, Jesus takes the little girl by the hand and whispers, "Talitha Koum," meaning "Little girl, rise up and walk." Immediately she rises and begins to walk around the room, healed. 

I believe that this is the blessed hope for every Daughter. The Lord sees us. He sees us where we're at. Whether we were born in the brothels or raised in the suburbs, He sees, and he is gently whispering "Talith Koum, my little girl, rise up and walk." The blessed hope of salvation is that we would have life and have it to the fullest. I can't say I have completely grasped that hope. The Lord is still calling to me, healing my sick soul piece by piece. However, as I am healed, I hear him calling me to send this whisper around the world, that all may know his love. To the teenager sitting in the back row of American Church, struggling with an eating disorder. To the Ugandan mother who needs a way to provide for her multiple children. To the young woman in India who is fighting for her life and mind as another man enters the room. To the infant girl in China who may never find a home. The Father above is whispering, "Rise up and walk." Anyone who knows me knows it's my heart to return. I'm not content to live a life on the sidelines when I could be on the front lines. However, that's in the Lord's time, so I must be content as he has called me to be here and now. But I won't be silenced. I haven't felt a call to simply let darkness prevail as I sit in America and do nothing, but rather shine a light and expose it and challenge others to do the same. 

No comments: