Friday, April 5, 2013

Victory

Victory.

The above blog spoke volumes to my life tonight. (Thank you, Jamie The Very Worst Missionary). Hearing Danielle's story reminded me of the truth I so often need to re-submerge myself in, and allow the love of the Father to take over. Through her bravery and surrender to the Lord's love, I have been inspired to persevere in fighting the current battles I'm facing and surrender to the identity I have in the Lord. Meditating on the grace of the Lord, my thoughts have all kind of come out in a series of poems:

Insecurity,
the bitter thief of my joy.
I'm ashamed of me.

The darkness of my
circumstance overshadows
the break of hope's dawn.

As I wallow in
self-pity, I almost miss
the new morning's song.

But I hear, I see,
light fall upon me to sing
a true melody.

My own beauty is
revealed that I may live in
joy and victory.