Monday, May 4, 2015

Coconutty Muffins (Gluten Free)

 
 
 
 
 
It's time for another recipe. I have a wonderful friend (actually several wonderful friends) with a gluten recipe, and as I have posted my Super Simple Banana Bread, which is one of my favorite recipes I have created, I decided why not attempt a gluten free Banana Bread. I used the  Gutsy Coconut Flour Banana Bread recipe that I had pinned on Pinterest as a reference. Coconut flour sucks up moisture, so I needed to use a special recipe. The banana bread was a little dry, and was so coconutty that I couldn't rationalize calling it Banana Bread, so I tweaked it and made them into muffins. Hope you enjoy them as much as my friends.

Coconutty Muffins

  • 1 cup coconut flour
  • 3-4 Large bananas (very ripe and smashed)
  • 4 Large pasture-raised eggs
  • 1/3 cup coconut oil (melted)
  • 1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon raw, local honey
  • 1 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
  • 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Put cupcake liners in muffin tin, or grease muffin tin.
    2. Mix bananas, eggs, oil, honey, cinnamon, and vanilla
    3.  Add Baking Soda
    4.  Add Coconut flour. Mix until all is moist.
    5. Spoon into 8-10 muffin cups.
    6. Bake for 30-40 minutes.
    7. When done, take out and immediately place in plastic ziplock bag (allowing them to cool in the ziplock bag helped absorb all the moisture and make them moist, not dry.
    8. Enjoy with a latte.

    No comments: