Thursday, December 19, 2013

relying on innocence

Question of the day: where is your hope?
So much in this walk of life I find myself striving, slowly dying,as I press on in the self-righteous pursuit of perfection.
Living right. . Being kind. Only speaking the nice things that pop into my mind and the other...? Taking them captive, of course.
Then a fall. As my my mother's mother, and her mother, all the way down the generation.  A fatal plague to haunt humanity.
My mouth a flickering flame that dare consume the f forest.  Destruction is reaped in itspath and I'm left to greive my long-lost sense of holiness. I'm gripped by the evidence that I am perfectly imperfect.
I shudder in the presence of one who is. And though these words are not original,  they are all I have in th we preaence of the Holy.
"Woe is me. My lips are unclean, and I come by it honestly.  My family, nation, people of earth are sinful and we are in ruin."
Then the one greater than I takes the coal, purges my lips, and says the words my heart yearns for. " you are forgiven.
How sweet a gift I cannot buy for myself.
To rely on myself is to miss the revelation od my salvation. Something that that can only be given and accepted in grace.
My salvation is not founded on innocence but a gift that cannot be bought.  

No comments: