Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Looks like Heaven, Tastes like Health Food


So last night I made these cookies and they look good. They look so so awesome and myself, along with all my roommates liked them. One problem: I probably shouldn't try feeding them to my brother, my boyfriend, or anyone that really is expecting an oatmeal raisin cookie. I mean, you think I would have known when I was subbing out white beans for flour, applesauce for butter, flax seed for eggs, and honey for sugar. But hey! give a girl a break. These are loaded with fiber and are sure to be good for your digestive tract.

White Bean Cookies
1 cup white beans
1/3 cup applesauce
1/3 cup whole wheat flour
1/3 cup honey
2 tbs flax seed
1/3 cup water
1 cup oatmeal
1 cup dried cranberries
1 tbs cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla

Mix all ingredients. Drop by spoonfuls onto greased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 for 10 min. Enjoy warm.





No comments: