Sunday, August 11, 2013

Cup o' Community

So I'm apart of this community called Source. Apart of this community is gathering together for weekly meals, a part of "doing life together" (excuse the buzz words). We meet every Wednesday to eat fabulous food cooked by the same lady. This lady is a fantastic cook. Middle-aged, decked out in tattoos, piercings, and plugs. She whips ups salsbury steak, tacos, hot dish. Anything you would enjoy at a home cooked meal and serves the community. This lady works to feed an army. She works hard and this is not all she does. On Fridays she coordinates the community food shelf. She feeds the whole neighborhood and thus is kind of the lifeblood of our little community. She's so essential. 
Coincidentally, the "Bou" has a series of cups right night that talk feature saying about what makes life worth while. One says "Life is rubbing elbows at the community table." How can I not think of my community and the hard work coming from the hands that prepare our meals? Hence, I decided to gift this cup. I know. I know. That sounds trashy at first glance. I mean, really? Gifting a disposable coffee cup? But actually it turned out really cool. Guess who figured out how to bake banana bread into a coffee cup. This Chick!

Yeah! So check it out, and see what our fabulous chef will be receiving as soon as I see her. 

Banana Bread ala Bou. 

Instructions: Make banana bread. Spoon into Cup about half-way full. Bake at 350 for 30-45 min. Let Cool. Wrap. And Gift!

Life is what you make it. 
I made banana bread for the lady that makes my meals. :)


No comments: