Saturday, August 3, 2013

I'm a child of God

Reading 1 John today. It starts off talking about the revelation of Jesus. How he is the light. The life. The Son of God. It continues to describe how we are found in him, and if we say we are not sinful, we lie and can't be found in sin, but if we confess sins, then we belong to Christ. We are children of God.

I struggle with worry and anxiety. I struggle hard. Concerned, confused, contemplating what my go wrong, and become wrapped up in a ball of high-strung mess. I'm sinful. I don't trust. However, I am a child of God. The Lord knows how far I have to go, but he also sees how far I've come. He's called me to holiness, and only in seeing my brokeness can I be made whole.

So today I'm trusting. I am a child of God, and into my Papa's arms I leap. Day after day, until I'm unafraid. Until I can trust in wholeness. Completeness. until one day I find the glory of being able to fly, because I believed what he said. With Him all things are possible.

Abba, thank you that I'm on my way. I'm not there yet. But I am in process. Thanks for not giving up on me. Day by day, you are calling me to you. Amen. 

1 comment:

Ms. Collins' Blog said...

Kayla,

Take a look at this link. It's called Father's Love Letter & it is awesome!!! Your post complied me to share this with you.

http://www.fathersloveletter.com/text.html