Friday, February 22, 2013

Lenten Friday 2: Stations of the Cross 1

Jesus was condemned to death
Dear Jesus, I am a ungratefully, filthy person. Guilty in every way. I deserve condemnation from both you and the world. However, you, in spite of the wretchedness that plagues me, have given me grace. You came down, putting on all the likeness of a man, but without sin. Without guilt and you took mine, so that I may be given the place of life. Thank you for your love. Thank you for your sacrifice. There is nothing I can cling to but you. Though I have sinned and still sin everyday, you are constant in your forgiveness. You paid it all. What more can I do, but give my all to you. Help me every day to remember the price you paid and realize that the price I pay to show your love to others is oh so small in comparison. May I walk in the assurance that I am freed from condemnation and the authority to free others. Amen

No comments: