Friday, July 4, 2014

Coconut Lavender Face Wash

It's been a while since I've posted a good ol' diy. However, this week I ran out of face wash and I just love the idea of using all natural products on your skin. So I did some research and adlibbed with some of the ingredients.  However what I came up with has left my skin so soft and clean, I may not go back to store bought wash.

Coconut Lavender exfoliating face wash

1/2 jar coconut oil
3 tbsp raw honey
1 cup raw sugar
5-6 drops lavender essential oils

Place honey in jar with coconut oil. Microwave 30 seconds or until liquid. Add sugar and oil. Stir.

Directions for use: wet face, take a quarter sized amount of wash and scrub over face. Let set for 2-3 minutes. Rinse :) when I get too much I simply rub the rest over my arms and legs for glowing skin all over.



Now here's the scoop on what it does for your skin:

Lavendar: soothes and relaxes at night when you're ready for bed, but also will energize you when it's time to wake up. Lavendar is a magic scent that responds to what you need whether an energy boost or calming essence.

Sugar: gently exfoliates skin. In addition it naturally treats sundamaged and aged skin, encouraging cell reproduction and the creating of a literal new skin. Finally it actually helps moisturize by pulling moisture from the environment into your skin.

Honey: full of antioxidants that fight aging, it also clarifies pores opening them up and is an antibacterial so it fights acne. It also leaves skin glowing

Coconut oil: high in saturated fats, this also moisturizes skin and improves lipid content. In addition, coconut oil is used to help treat psoriasis. 

No comments: