Sunday, July 13, 2014

All my needs

The LORD is my light and my salvation-- whom shall I fear? The LORD is the stronghold of my life-- of whom shall I be afraid?--Psalm 27:1

Meditating on this passage, I'm becoming even more aware of the Lord's provision, his faithfulness,  and its effect on my life. 

This past weekend was expensive. I was anticipating it being a little pricey. I took a road trip home to spend time with the family.  However, when my tire blew out in the middle of the interstate,  my weekend became a little more expensive than anticipated. Not only does this mean I need new tires, but it's finally time to admit that I need a whole new car. This is the third major issue I've had this year, and from the sounds of it, I'm pretty sure my engine may go any moment. Maybe it's time to retire the "first car" and move up a little in life. 
This takes money....However, somehow all I feel is peace. I feel a certainty that God will provide what I need, when I need it. How? Because I've witnessed and experienced his provision,  building a confidence that God is my provider...at least physically.  When it comes to my physical needs, trusting comes almost naturally. 
But when it comes to emotional....
Mental....
Spiritual....
Now there I am a doubting Thomas. 
I fear....
I fear abandonment...rejection...immaturity....stress....depression....anxiety....church...family....
Oh how far I have come in the one area, how far I have to go in the others.  

However, this I know, Christ came to give life to the fullest. He came not simply to heal my physical body and needs. He came not simply to raise my body from the dead, but my emotions, mind,  and spirit. 

If I can bear witness to the provision of all my physical need,  it is the sowing of a seed of trust. Trust that he will provide for ALL my needs. 

No comments: