Friday, November 8, 2013

Farmer's Market Muffins

So Wednesday I went to the farmers market with my roomies! Best investment yet. Apart of my skin cleansing, I know I need to start eating with intentionality. Being mindful. I'm so good at simply eating off the food shelf. However, if I want to care for myself, my body, and my well being, I'm recognizing, being intentional is key. Therefore I went to the farmers market and came home with enough food to maybe not have to shop for the rest of the month. Carrots (lots of carrots). Pumpkin. Kale. Collards. pomegranate. All for under $5. That's what I call a deal. Plus I got some inspiration for imagination. I deciding to make some muffins that could make my skin glow, a boost of nutrition, and tastiness for my tummy. I took these to a community event and they were a hit! Love it when that happens. Enjoy!

Farmer's Market Muffins
1 Cup pumpkin puree (can pumpkin works as well)
1/4 cup almond milk
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp ginger
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup brown rice flour
1/2 cup oatmeal
2 tsp baking soda
3 medium shredded carrots
2 small apples shredded 

1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease regular-size muffin tins
2. In bowl, mix pumpkin, milk, and spices. Add flours, oats, sugar, and baking soda. Stir just until dry ingredients are moistened. Stir in carrots and apples. Divide batter evenly among cups. 
3. Bake 20-25 min or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from tins immediately and let cool. Best served warm. (Who doesn't love a warm muffin?) 

No comments: