Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Answer to "Graduation Nerves": A letter from my former self

Today I checked my mail, and, ironically, it really seemed to answer the concerns I expressed in my previous post today. I don't remember writing this. I'm sure it was for some leadership even or other. All I know is that it speaks into where I'm at now with great assurance of the Lord's provision. Here's the wisdom from my former self:

Dear Self,
You are a lioness. You are full of potential and made for great things. at this time you are headed off to a new destination, a big step in which the Lord is going to propel you forth towards your biggest dreams and greatest purpose. Don't let anyone look down on you, but be yourself, and live your life as a woman of character. Chase after the Lord's purpose. and you will go far. Sometimes it will be hard, but only the most beautiful things come from the biggest struggles, and you, my dear, were made to change the world. you feel that inside of you, it screams for a time to be brought to life. have patience and trust in the Lord. It will happen. Step by step, the Lord will bring you into divine appointments to set you about his mission. Go change lives and constantly love. Love others, love the Lord, and don't forget to give yourself grace. You won't ever do everything perfectly, but the Lord is made faithful in your weakness. Show him faithful.

May this letter speak to someone else as it spoke to me. Know, you are made for great things.

No comments: