Tuesday, March 19, 2013

My Strength

Ok, for real, this was my day yesterday: Consumed by worry and stress. I have talked about my business. Working, interning, taking classes, preparing for India, having a boyfriend, having friends, meanwhile trying to let the Lord be ruler over it all. Woah! Let's take a break, or how about put the brakes on life. That's kind of what I did yesterday. Yesterday I had a bucket full of things I needed to do, but I was consumed with worry about them all. All I really wanted to do was cry, sleep, and cry. That's when I decided to take a nap. I needed some rest. I needed to slow down and to gain some perspective from the Lord. When I awoke, I had slept for four hours, and felt the greatest sense of peace. I got up, ready to do some work, but then realized that it was 11:30 and what I determined was too late to really accomplish anything, so after a short conversation about weddings with my roomate, I went back to my bed and slept the rest of the night. This time, when I awoke worry was again beginning to creep into my thoughts, but when I sat and listened to the Lord, I heard him say "My joy is your strength." That has been my mantra all day, and it is what has brought me joy. The Lord is my strength and through him I can do all things. I can move from worry into peace and from busy to simplicity.

No comments: