Sunday, January 19, 2014

Sourdough english muffins

I've searching for a way to use up this sourdough starter I've been feeding in my fridge for about a month.

And yesterday I found them: sourdough english muffins!

These are fantastic. The first first few I made I didn't cook long enough and they were a lil doughy, but the rest were all out yum!

Sourdough english muffins.

Step 1. 1/2 cup starter
              1 cup milk
              2 cup flour
  Mix together cover with plastic wrap and let sit over night.

Step 2. 1tbs sugar
             3/4 tsp salt
            1 tsp baking soda
            1/2 cup flour
  The next morning mix in sugar, salt, and soda. Knead in remaining flour. Cover with plastic wrap and let rise for 5 minutes.

Step 3. Roll out dough on lightly floured surface.  Using a 2" diameter round cookie cutter, cut out rounds. Cover loosely and let stand for 45 minutes.

Step 4. Heat griddle to medium. Place rounds on griddle. Cook for 2 minutes. Flip. Cook for another 2 minutes.  Rounds should puff slightly. Remove and cool on cooling rack.

Step 5. Enjoy with coffee and jam :)


No comments: