Sunday, January 26, 2014

fiesta chicken soup

Happy birthday to me. Indeed, I'm good old 23, which most of my friends would say is still a baby.  So how did I celebrate? I heald a fiesta with my friend who also has a january birthday. we had salsa both the dabce and the dip.  With lots of left overs. So what better way to watch the grammys (shout shout out to macklemore and lorde) then  to turn your leftovers into soup and host a viewing. Here it is:
Fiesta chicken soup

1 Cup leftover shredded taco chicken (chicken and taco seasoning)

1cup  leftover rice and beans (rice with black or pinto beans fried in vegetable oil, sautéed onions and pepper. Garlic, chicken stock, diced tomatos, chilies,"red pepper, and salt).

6 cups chicken stock

Garlic
Red pepper
paprika
salt
pepper
Cumin

Place all ingredients in crock pot.  Cook on low fo 6 hours. Simmer to taste.  Enjoy the grammys.
P.s. totally the best day after party food. No effort required.  

No comments: