Thursday, July 7, 2016

Yancy, Not Nancy "Pequeña Fiesta de Alabanza"

Anyone that knows my family knows that we are a multicultural home. My husband is Mexican, I'm white, and our baby girl is inevitably Chicana. With that being said, it'seems our desire that our baby girl grow up to be bilingual.  There are somethings in Spanish that can only be expressed in Spanish and some things in English that can only be expressed in English. There are no words to translate, and that is the heart of the language. It's our desire that baby girl can communicate in both her mama and papí's heart languages. Since she lives in the U.S. it'seems pretty inevitable that she'said gping to pick up English, so we'really focusing on introducing her to as much Spanish as possible in our home. That includes media (i.e. Spanish Elmo, latino music, etc.) And this is where I have to share this awesome CD I've found.
Any church parent knows the struggle of finding decent Christian kid's music. I'v taught Sunday School and Children's Church for years, and the shortage of Children's music that doesn't make you want to rip your ears off is astronomical, and that's just English children'should music. Now try to imagine my struggle to find a decent children's Spanish worship CD.
Well, I found one and, because the struggle is real, I couldn't help but share. 
Yancy Ministries was started by a woman named Yancy who saw the gap between kids worship and adult worship in her churxh. She wanted to close the gap, so she created kids music and made a CD called "Little Praise Party."
 Then guess what! She's got her friends Jaci Velasquez (all my 90's church girls know this name) and Nic Gonzalez to turn it into Spanish! (Check out the videos above)

I kid you not, I scoured the Internet for weeks to find a decent Spanish kids CD, and this is as good as it comes. It's a little too soon to say what baby girl thinks of it yet. But, let's just say, after a couple of rounds of listening to this in the car, my Spanish kid's song game is strong. Seriously, check this out. The songs are easy to learn and repetitive, which is good for your Spanish skills (if Spanish is your second language) and good for baby (because it makes it easier for them to remember and hold on to the truth in the songs). Buy it here:
 Pequeña Fiesta de Alabanza on Amazon.
Then let me know what you think.


No comments: