Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Bart Simpson Cookies


I'll be the first to admit that I hate the Simpsons. Seriously I just can't get into it. Maybe it was my sheltered up-bringing, never watching it as a child (I don't think that's a bad thing), but it just isn't my thing. However, I would have had to be living under a rock to not know that Bart Simpson is the poster boy for Butterfingers. So on a day when my kids at work and I were bored, and decided to make kitchen-sink cookies (Take what you have and make cookies out of them), I found the Butterfinger cups hiding out in a drawer, so we mashed 'em up, threw them in our cookies, and what do you know? The cookies ended up with a swirl that just so happened to remind me of the Simpsons. Plus they were so tastey, the kiddos gobbled all 20 of them up in one day (not a healthy choice, but they are teenagers). 

Bart Simpson Cookies

ingredients 

  • 1/2 cup vegetable oil (next time I think I will use coconut oil as it gives it a nice flavor and texture. Plus it's healthier)
  • 3/4 cup (50g) sugar
  • 3/4 cup (185g) creamy peanut butter
  • 1 large banana (this is used to substitute an egg. We had no eggs at work, so we used what we had. Added great flavor and texture. Plus, again, healthier.)
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 and 1/4 cups (160g) all purpose flour 
  • 1/2 cup (40g) quick oats
  • crushed up Butterfinger cups

Method

--Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. 
--Combine oil, sugar, peanut butter, banana, and vanilla. Add baking soda. 
--Add flour and oats. Stir vigorously until all combined and wet. 
--Add Butterfingers. 
--Finally use a cookie scoop or your fingers to roll dough into balls. Place on cookie sheet, leaving enough space to spread a little. Bake for 8-10 Minutes. Cool on sheet for 5 minutes. Then place on cooling rack for another 5 minutes. Enjoy (hopefully not all in one day) :)

No comments: