Sunday, October 20, 2013

Orchards and Pie


 Apple Orchards are such a treat!
Honey Crisp Apples I love to eat!






Today I had the joy of going to an apple orchard with some of my dearest friends. We romped down the rows and frolicked through the trees to "secret apple-picking spots" like we were 8 years-old again. Joys upon joys. And i was reminded friendship and apple orchards are two beautiful things, and somehow they both lead to family: a sense of belonging and togetherness. 

Snapping photos at the orchard also reminded me that I had pictures on my camera for some freezer apple pie filling i was meaning to blog about about a month ago, so treats for the readers: 2 for one blog post, read about all my sentiments on apple picking and get a freezer pie recipe all in one. 

P.s. the pie was made from my mom's all organic apples she picked off her own tree. impressed? enjoy !



Step 1. Slice, dice, peel, and core fresh apples. nummy!


Step 2:  Measure 6 cups apples into bowl

Step 3. Add 1/4 cup sugar

Step 4. Add 2 Tbsp each cinnamon and flour, 1 Tbsp each  nutmeg and cloves

Step 5. Place in freezer bags and label. Freeze until ready to use. Serving suggestion: use in pie, crisp, heat and serve on ice cream, make homemade apple sauce. 

No comments: